Dr. Clayton Smith is an Associate Professor at the University of Windsor in the Faculty of Education where he teaches at both the undergraduate and graduate levels and serves as the Concurrent Education Program Academic Counsellor. Dr. Smith’s research interests include:
- Comparative Strategic Enrolment Management
- Role of faculty in planning and implementing Strategic Enrolment Management
- Internationalization of higher education
- Promising practices for teaching international students
- Student success of special student populations
- Mentoring in higher education
He spent more than 30 years engaged in higher education administration at four post-secondary education institutions in Canada and the U.S. Most recently, he completed two terms as vice-provost at the University of Windsor where he oversaw a far-reaching portfolio that included academic governance, campus internationalization, enrolment management, and student affairs.
Dr. Smith also served as an educational consultant at more than 30 institutions in Canada, the U.S., and Egypt and currently serves as Senior Consultant and Director of the Strategic Enrollment Management Conference for the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
Over the course of his career, Dr. Smith has amassed significant knowledge and expertise in the areas of enrolment management, internationalization of higher education, and student success.